About The Program
Hon’ble Minister (S&T) Dr. Jitendra Singh emphasized that each of 37 CSIR laboratories is unique and specializes in as diverse areas as the genome to geology, food to fuel, minerals to materials, and so on.
To showcase and propagate such diversity across society Hon’ble Minister announced the idea of “One Week, One Lab” to be a nationwide theme- based campaign to showcase the technological breakthroughs and innovations in the CSIR labs.
- To identify the needs of regions, industry- develop and provide desired scientific solutions
- To develop collaboration with states and industry for deployment and commercialization
- To identify the potential industry for the co-development of next-gen technology & products
- To create networks of govt-academia-industry for faster delivery and deployment
- To motivate youngsters and budding entrepreneurs to create startups.
Established in 1950, CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory (CSIR-NCL), Pune, India is a research, development and consulting organization with a focus on chemistry and chemical engineering. It has a successful record of research partnership with industry. It is a flagship laboratory of the Council of Scientific & Industrial Research (CSIR, www.csir.res.in) which is the largest network of publicly funded research institutes in India. It has outstanding track record of industrial research involving partnerships with industry from concept to commercialization.